Friday, August 19, 2011

Poor Man's Kitchen


I figured I would give you all a look at what I'm working with. There are my two main cooking instruments. The non-stick frying pan was only recently replaced, on account of the old one's handle falling off. The sauce pan has been with me for ages...or 7 years. I cook almost everything in that sauce pan - sauce, rice, pasta. And I don't need no stinkin' lids...foil works just fine.

I know you're asking, Why would you live like this, when we can see a hint of an ice cream machine to the side. Answer: it works for me. Am I going to be making gourmet meals for twenty? Probably not. Will I be stewing chuck broils or brazing rack of lamb? Most likely no.

So this is what I have, which works great for making simple cupboard meals in a snap.

3 comments:

  1. i want to buy you a proper pan, even though i know u don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and my mother, I'm sure. She's been trying to buy me a microwave for years, but I refuse. My sister is horrified that I eat cold leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love cold leftovers. the microwave is only good for one thing.. popcorn.

    ReplyDelete