Thursday, December 20, 2012

From "EEEK!" to Chic...The Introduction

Poor Man is getting a new cupboard!!!
(Spoiler alert: It will still be bare)

About a year and a half ago, I had to leave New Jersey's (unofficial) promised land: Hoboken.  But I am happy to announce that I am making a(n unofficial) triumphant return!!!

"Triumphant" is a little subjective.  I found a great apartment, great location...it's just a "smidge" run-down (I'm putting it nicely).  I should have known when I first saw pictures of the place from the broker:




These pictures actually do it more justice than it deserves.  And friends and family have pointed out that, as a young professional, I deserve to live in a nice place (my boyfriend tells me I live like a divorced bachelor, and my mom tells me that I have too high a threshold for blight).
If you know anything about me, then you know that I can't help but root for the underdog.  You also know that I can't help myself but take the long way around.  So even though there's a seemingly endless list of things that need to get done, I see this place as the "apartment that could."  I'm on a mission to prove to everyone that I do deserve to live in a nice place, and that with some time and some elbow grease that I can make this apartment shine.
So follow me as I get to work and restore 721 Willow Ave.  I'll be jotting down tips, mistakes, and other things I learn along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I'm concerned that the kitchen doesn't appear to have a sink or refrigerator - or is that it barely showing on the left side of the first pic?

    Otherwise, I agree! You can fix up this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, that is the fridge on the left there...I just uploaded another pic so you can get another angle of the kitchen

    ReplyDelete